Sunday, July 3, 2011

Unsure about our purchase of Lincoln. He is very spooked at everything. Unlike Beau, when you walk up to him he walks the other way. When you call him, nothing. He walks away when you try to pet him, almost annoyed. He sometimes jumps from your hand and HATES when you walk on the left side of him. We think maybe he's blind in that eye. He was a working ranch horse, and we think he was somewhat abused. I love him, but so worried one of the kids will get hurt. I want this to workout,but if he doesn't warm up we might have to send him back. Believe me I don't want to. If anyone has any good suggestions, I would appreciate them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like abuse but could be post traumatic stress from a tough and or long travel when delivered to you..it can happen with any animal,maybe read up on it. Id give it some time..hopefully he comes around. Happy 4th..xoxo

    ReplyDelete